South Dakota Prison & Jail Listing
Who’s In Jail In South Dakota ?
South Dakota has 66 counties and 35 jail facilities, and the state jail population was 1,432 inmates in 2005. There are no jail inspection or jail standard programs in the state.
The Prison System
The Dept. of Corrections managed 3,480 inmates on June 30, 2011. The agency operates three main facilities, a prison annex, and 3 minimum-security units. The agency also operates 2 juvenile facilities, has 889 employees, and expended $101.2 million in FY 2010.
The Community Corrections System
Court Services Departments within the state’s 8 judicial circuits supervised 6,602 probationers at year end 2009. The Dept. of Corrections’ Parole Services offices supervised 2,748 parolees.
Incoming search terms:
- whos in jail south dakota
- whos in jail sioux falls sd
- brookings south dakota whos in jail
- whos in prison south dakota
- whos in pierre sd prison
- whos in jail winner south dakota jail
- whos in jail sioux falls south dakota
- whos in jail sd
- whos in jail s d
- whos in jail in south dakota